Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fatburger Friday

A few of us from the MBA school went to the Fatburger on Figueroa St to try the Triple Kingburger. Three half-pound patties and loaded with toppings, this giant burger was bigger than my face.

When they brought out the single Kingburger for other people, I was a little worried. Then we saw Bobby's Double King, and I realized that I was definitely in for more than I expected. Tim "The Shermanator" Sherman and I got our Triples, and the size of this thing put normal burgers to shame.
Still, I was pretty confident that I could do it, having gotten through 2.5 lbs of the Lindy's burger in Tucson.

As we dug in, the first thing that got us was the sheer heat. I pulled mine apart to let it cool a little faster. El Senor Shermanator was just plowing through it and had an early lead, and of course Bobby with his itty bitty burger was making some dents.

But in the end my tactic paid off as I was able to power through the end and barely edge Tim in a photo finish.

The maddest props to my boy Will Hong for cutting this piece together:


Challenges:
Overall: 5-6
Quantity: 2-6

No comments: