Thursday, July 15, 2010

Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Challenge

The Challenge: 12 Blazin' (their hottest) wings in 6 minutes or less, no napkins and no drinks
If I win: Pay $9.99 and get a free t-shirt

The Competitor: Me. Look, if you haven't figured this out this late in the game...

The Result: I demolished it. Under 3 minutes. The waitress was impressed. I was nonplussed.

Honestly, I saw this coming the whole way when you take into account the factors involved:
1) Its a national franchise. How crazy can they get?
2) Its me. I don't want to get too cocky, but c'mon.

This was by far easier than the Hellfire Challenge in Santa Clara. I'm not sure if I described that one, but picture me with bloodshot eyes, snot dripping from my nose, my mouth, face, and hands on fire waiting the five minutes of torture after finishing the wings until I could use liquids for my insides and out. I chugged a quart of milk straight after just to try to get rid of the burn throughout my body.
Compared to that, this was a walk in the park. Three minutes and done. No eyes watering, no snot. Ate some fries after and finished my water. The waitress was cautioning me not to touch my eyes or any part of my body - she seemed really intent on warning me against touching my wangdoodle. I wanted to tell her that I was no rookie here, but I didn't want to spoil it for her or the manager who seemed really impressed by what I had just done. But... what they did have was a sick shirt to compensate.

I didn't even have time to take pictures before it was over.

Spice: 2-0
Overall: 3-5

No comments: