Saturday, July 17, 2010

OMFG Burger at Lindy's

I wish I had pictures of this. It was a beautifully created, elegantly massive burger. I went to Lindy's on 4th ave in Tucson with my friends Bobby and James to take on this 3 lb burger, as featured on Man v Food. Bobby also attempted it with me.

This 3 pound burger was split into nine 1/3rd-pound patties, with slices of cheese between them, and topped off with lettuce and tomatoes. If I ate it all in 20 min, I'd get it for free, plus my picture on the wall and a $5 voucher for a future date. If i ate in in 30 min, I'd have to pay for the burger $20, but get everything else.
I started off at a pretty good pace, getting 6 patties out of the way in the first ten minutes. That's two pounds of food. I started to slow down considerably after that. I got through another patty and then put the remaining two on the buns in burger format. I made it through about a quarter of this final burger before the 30 minutes ran out, and was left with the option of trying to finish it for pride's sake or to save my night and not feel miserable for the afterparty on 4th.

I chose the latter. This is one of those that i think a good 5 months of training will get me fully prepared for. I just need to increase my consumption by 20%.

Until next time, Lindy's. :-/

Quantity: 1-6
Overall: 3-6

I really need to stick it to some spice challenges to pad my stats here.

weight watch: a totally dehydrated 177

No comments: